Thursday, February 10, 2011

February 10, 2011 Starting late and playing catch up

Most working, gallery-represented artists I know have been honing their skills for many years.  Sometimes since childhood.  I'm late to the party.  At almost 62 years old I have the time to pursue a dream.  But, do I have the energy?  We'll see!!!!!  I opened my little gallery, Work of Hart Studio and Gallery, in Lavonia, GA last December.  It has been a challenge.  For some darn reason we've had a ton of snow in NE Georgia this winter.  In any event, things are progressing.  As I struggle through the doubts and hardships of making art and also the joys, I'll post about it and whine about it and probably cry about it.  But, I will also rejoice that I get to do something I've wanted to do for many years.  While I'm at it I'll think of Georgia O'Keefe, Agnes Martin, Frances Catlett and other women who have had long art careers.  You never "retire" from an art career; I guess you just fade away........

No comments:

Post a Comment