Friday, February 18, 2011

Art Versus Everything Else

Art is a calling.  The artist has something to say and struggles to get it "said."  Sometimes it comes easy and sometimes, it's, well, a struggle.  Almost a wrestle with the proverbial angel.  Who will win.  For me lots of times inertia and just plain laziness trumps, but then there are days that it all comes together.  Then, it's art versus everything else in your life.  And art wins.....every time.  Or, at least it's on your mind most of the time......This could be a function of getting older and knowing one has limited time to "do art."  I kind of get tired of hearing about the angst of artists.....even my own!!!  But, truth be told, there is some involved.  I certainly don't think you have to be a drug addled lunatic to produce good art.  Many of my favorite artists have been fairly normal people......"normal" being just slightly off track....

No comments:

Post a Comment